It’s here again, the Flu Season. Just about every person I know who got a Flu Shot – has gotten the Flu. Why? In case you were not aware, the flu vaccines contain, mercury and aluminum (considered to be preservatives). These are two toxic metals that should never be allowed to be put into the body. I have never had a flu shot in my lifetime and I – “knock on wood” (if you believe in old wives tales), have never had the type of Flu that is said the Flu Shot keeps you from getting. I have had a COLD here and there – the same kind I had when a child. A mustard plaster, Vicks rubbed on the chest afterward, and a hot toddy always did the trick. It still does if I ever feel a cold coming on.
Colds and the flu are often treated with a variety of prescription medications which reduce the symptoms but not the cause. They do not have the ability to activate the body’s own immune system to fend off invading bacteria or viruses.
As I was reading the Life Extension Magazine, I came upon an article about colds and the flu. In the article they said, ” Scientists discovered that a targeted probiotic cocktail of bacteria can boost the body’s immune defense system, in particular mucosal secretory IgA.
Quoting from the article in the magazine, I am sharing the following information about – What You Need to Know.
- Respiratory infections such as colds and the flu can be life-threatening.
- A major source of susceptibility is the gradual loss of secretory immunity, mediated by secretory antibodies called IgA.
- IgA antibodies, secreted from mucous membranes in the mouth, nose, and lungs, bind to and block respiratory viruses from invading human cells and producing symptoms of colds and flu. But as their production fades, so does our immunity to these microbes.
- Studies have revealed that selected strains of oral probiotic bacteria are capable of stimulating the intestinal immune system, resulting in body-wide increases in secretory immunity.
- In the respiratory tree, this increase in IgA production leads to enhanced protection against cold and flu viruses.
- Studies demonstrated that supplementing with these strains of probiotic bacteria resulted in significant reductions in the incidence and duration of year-round respiratory infections.
- IgA is the acronym for immunoglobulin A.
Influenza usually manifests itself by way of – headache, fatigue, muscle aches, a non-productive cough, nasal congestion, diarrhea, fever, and in the elderly, cognitive dysfunction and confusion, difficulty walking and falls. It is necessary to take aggressive action within 24-48 hours upon the first signs and symptoms of the flu. ALTERNATIVE supplements to be taken within that 24-48 hour period should include some, if not all, of the following:
- High-allicin Garlic (9,000 mg.) – once or twice daily. Because of its potency you will experience heartburn if you don’t eat food right after taking this kind of garlic, and you will reek of the sulfur odor of garlic. But, saturating the body with it is the objective. Garlic has been shown to have direct virus-killing effects.
- DHEA (200 mg.) early in the day. Another high dose – but DHEA has shown some unique benefits in boosting one’s ability to mount a stronger immune response and, as well, protects against inflammation and infection.
- Zinc Acetate Lozenges (18.5-mg.) – Take 2 every 2 waking hours. CAUTION: this is a very high dosage and is considered toxic if taken over the long-term. You should do this for only a few days. Zinc has shown a direct effect of inhibiting cold viruses from latching onto your cells.
- Melatonin (10-50 mg.) – Again, a high dose – as it is usually taken at levels of 1-3 mg. Melatonin induces a powerful immune response. This high dosage triggers a deep sleep needed to fend off infection, and will make you extremely tired. Be wise, only take at bedtime and DO NOT operate any machinery or vehicle after taking.
- Aged Garlic Extract (3,600 mg.) per day. There are immune-boosting compounds in aged garlic that work differently than those found in High-allicin garlic.
- The only allopathic drug suggested to be taken in the 24-48 hour period is the prescription drug Tamiflu (75 mg.) Take twice a day to block entry of certain viruses into cells where they multiply.
The reason suggested for implementing the above regimen early is because once a flu virus infects too many cells, it replicates out of control and strategies like zinc lozenges will NOT be effective.
The above is for your information. If you feel it can be applied to your situation – don’t hesitate to try it under the supervision of your physician or a good alternative doctor.
DON’T LET THIS BE YOU!