You can’t see them or feel them, although sometimes you can smell them.
WHAT ARE THEY? Toxins are dangerous substances in the environment that are absorbed by, and build up in, your body. They damage your immune system and are definitely linked to many health problems. Toxins include a number of things such as carbon dioxide, cigarette smoke, pesticides, heavy metals, air pollution, chemicals, electromagnetic radiation, formaldehyde, antifreeze, artificial preservatives, and much, much more.
Toxins are a toxic nightmare that endangers a person’s health and as well as your life. They damage the immune system and make you more susceptible to illnesses more than just the flu. The build up of toxins in the body can affect your blood pressure, memory, digestion, respiratory system, cholesterol, circulation, weight, heart, joints, energy, liver, kidneys to mention just a few things.
Does the build up of toxins just happen overnight? How do you know your affected by toxins? The build up is not just an overnight thing? You have been exposed to toxins from the day you were born (I might even say conceived). Toxins are all around us. They are on things you touch, in the air you breathe, the food you eat, the things you drink, etc. Toxins, even in small amounts, can make you sick, and sometimes, even kill you.
So, how do you breathe them? We forget about our exposure to what we think is just normal, such as the pollutants in carpet, mold, mildew and dust mites; asbestos found in older buildings and homes which damage your healthy cells making them look like they’ve been riddles with bullets; spores from air conditioning units which can cause asthma and bronchitis; chemical vapors from aerosol cleaners, floor and furniture polish, bleach, ammonia, bathroom cleaners, insect sprays, hair sprays, perm solutions, hair dyes; fumes from chemically treated furnishings; human skin and cat dander.
I found these to be interesting facts, in my research, that – BENZYL ALCOHOL used in perfume, soaps and shampoos irritates the upper respiratory tract and causes headache, nausea, dizziness and a drop in blood pressure. LINALOOL – also found in perfume, hand lotions, nail polish remover, hairspray and laundry detergent can cause respiratory disturbances and central nervous system disorders. TERPINEOL – used in bleach, after-shave and roll-on deodorants can cause respiratory depression, headaches, and loss of muscular coördination. WOW! The list goes on and on to include other dangerous chemicals such as, acetone, benzaldehyde, benzyl acetate, ethanol, camphor, ethyl acetate, limonene, methylene chloride, and many other. If you can’t pronounce them, stay away from them.
There has been a lot of talk about PESTICIDES in the news, because of the product called ROUND UP from the Monsanto Company. When I checked the labels of other pesticides, they contained the same chemicals as Round Up. It is mentioned only that they are dangerous, but what does exposure to them do to your body? Here is what they do to your body – they weaken and/or destroy your immune, endocrine, reproductive and nervous systems. They have been linked to breast cancer, allergies, arthritis, fatigue and headaches, aging and continued illness of all kinds. Did you know that because pesticides are oil soluble, they can be store in your fat cells, and can stick around in your body for a long time; that when released from your fat cells, there are always harmful results.
Dangerous Metals, another threat to your health, are coming to the forefront in the news. The big one is MERCURY. According to Edward Arana, D.D.S. “Dental amalgam fillings can release mercury, tin, copper, silver and sometimes zinc into the body.” It has been said by the EPA that if you buried just one amalgam filling in your backyard, you would be guilty of polluting the soil. Hippocrates – known as the father of medicine, remarked on the toxicity of mercury over 2,000 years ago. Mercury has been used in industrial processes and medications for over 1,000 years. Mercury is responsible for the old saying, “mad as a hatter” because or it causing brain damage in people who worked with mercury compounds in the hat-making industry.
The modern-day ailments that ‘mercury’ is linked to, today, include: mood swings, abnormal heart rate, anxiety, constipation/diarrhea, cold hands and feet, sleep disturbances, lowered libido, headaches, fatigue allergies, short-term memory problems, difficulty walking and tremors.
So, how does it get into your system from your teeth? Because Mercury is soluble, it can be absorbed into the lungs, nasal passages, stomach, teeth roots, gum tissue, and through the roof of the mouth – which is inches away from the posterior pituitary gland, the MASTER GLAND, which is a regulator of the lower endocrine system and controls the reproductive hormones. It accumulates in all tissues, but specifically in the brain. It is stored in the pituitary gland and hypothalamus, and thus POISONS THE ACTIVITY OF BOTH.
Other metals that are dangerous to your health include nickel (used in cheaper types of jewelry made of stainless steel); lead – found in gasoline, lead-based paints, old toothpaste tubes and ceramic glazes. Lead exposure can cause learning disabilities, hair loss, nerve damage, and frequent colds, difficulty concentrating, depression, anxiety and numbness; aluminum – higher concentrations of aluminum in the blood have been found in the brain cells of Alzheimer’s patients; mercury, along with cadmium or arsenic can cause autism.
Again, the food you eat and drink – to include water have been found scientifically to be overrun with toxins (especially foods that have come into the United States from other countries). Water contaminants include fungicides, insecticides, fuel additives, solvents, degreaser’s, benzene, vinyl chloride, toluene, styrene, etc. These chemicals can cause liver and kidney damage, birth defects, cancer, and more. Other toxins, I may have overlooked or forgotten to mention include: chromium, barium, thallium and on, and on.
Look for and be aware of the following symptoms for toxin contamination:
- fatigue, irritability, dizziness
- behavior disorders, weakness, headaches
- muscle cramps, loss of motor control
- breathing problems, fainting spells,
- constipation, mood swings,
- learning disabilities, stiff neck
- sensitivity to sounds, penetrating smells, cigarette smoke, dust, or cut grass
- brain fog – difficulty in concentrating, decision-making, etc.
- Central Nervous System depression and much, much, more.
I have given you a lot to think about. It is SCARY STUFF!
HOW DO YOU POWER UP YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM to FIGHT BACK so you do not carry a TOXIC OVERLOAD?
DETOX, DETOX, DETOX! The whole purpose of my blogs. The IMMUNE SYSTEM is central to your health. The IMMUNE SYSTEM is involved with all other body systems, and ties them all together. It is the number one defender against toxic invaders.
The process starts with defending your immune system by providing the ammunition needed to control the harmful substances that find their way into your body. As I have said before and say again it is mandatory that you change your life style and eating habits by:
- Eating a diet balanced with a minimal to NO PROCESSED FOODS.
- Eat RAW VEGETABLES, or SLIGHTLY RAW – NO COOKED VEGETABLES, if possible
- Eat plenty of FRUITS, BERRIES, AND MELONS
- EAT NO MEATS – especially red meats
- Eat minimum amounts of Chicken, Turkey, and/or FISH if you must have meat.
- Drink plenty of purified or filtered water (half of your weight in ounces)
- STAY AWAY FROM SMOKING, DRINKING ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES, and/or CAFFEINATED BEVERAGES, SODA POP, and I now include many of the SPORTS DRINKS as they are highly caffeinated.
- STAY AWAY FROM PROCESSED SUGARS
- STAY AWAY FROM JUNK FOODS
- Use PRESCRIPTION DRUGS AND PAIN MEDICATIONS only as needed until your body tells you that it doesn’t need them any more.
- In Other Words – the BEST way to get the nutrients your body needs is with WHOLE NATURAL FOODS.
Have I made even a dent in your thinking process. I hope I have. However, CHANGE is a decision you have to make for yourself.
“Happiness is a rainbow in your heart – a REAL HEALTH SPARKLER!”
(Patricia Bragg, N.D., Ph.D., Health Crusader)