Like the sport of dance (yes, dance is now referred to as a sport), has many genre’s, so does exercise, and dieting. The exercise or diet genre’ you choose for yourself may or may not be the same as everyone else for reasons of health issues, shape, size, weight, body chemistry, length of time you have dieted, exercised and/or have participated in detoxification. I have used this program for many years, and have changed my routine dozens of times to suit the situation and time of my life. What you are able to do when you are young changes as you age. The following is a program I formulated that works for all ages, male, female, teens, and/or children. The first activity on the list is one I borrowed from a personal trainer. “Wake up, Get up, and Make Your Bed.”
1. Consult your physician.
2. No smoking or consuming coffee or alcohol (you may experience caffeine withdrawal) – ride it out it will be worth it.
3. If you experience headaches from lack of food; eat a banana or apple.
4. Not to scare you – You may or may not go through what is referred to, during the healing process, as a HEALING CRISIS. e.g. moodiness, fatigue, flu-like symptoms, low-grade fever, minor aches and pains, mucus in stool/urine, loss of energy, rashes and itching, mild headaches, short-term nosebleed, minor blood in urine, chills, frequent trips to the bathroom, etc. The crisis will only last for a few hours to maybe a day or two.
5. Drink No Soda Pop
6. Eat No Red Meats
7. Eat No dairy or grains
8. Limit Protein (will get enough in fruits and veggies).
BENEFIT: This program is not for the purpose of turning you into a Ninja Warrior or Body Builder. You are cleansing and detoxifying the body, expelling the toxins. You are “WAKING UP THE NEW YOU!”
QUESTION: Before we get started, have you decided to permanently to change your life – to include what you eat, how you exercise and how long you will stay committed for the benefit of being healthy until forever? Great! Let the show begin (show biz talk)!
Any diet changing process should begin with a 1-2 day FAST: “Fasting” means only consuming recommended liquids or water – NO WHOLE FOODS.
The best time to start is on the weekend.
- Recommended liquids: 8 oz’s of Water with a squeeze of real lemon juice to replace all 3 meals of the day, morning, noon and night – plus the snacks. Do for 2 days starting on Saturday a.m. OR
- Alternate lemon water with freshly processed Vegetable Juice, e.g. beet, carrot, celery, or cucumber. OR
- Alternate lemon water with freshly squeezed diluted Fruit Juice e.g. apple, grape, strawberry, pineapple, mango, melon, papaya. (No canned or processed juices unless known to be ‘real organic’ juices.)
Follow this routine for 2 days (preferably Saturday and Sunday). While on the fast – take things easy and relax. Watch TV, Video’s, Read etc. Do LITTLE to NO exercise. Conserve your energy. Your stomach will have shrunk, so it is important that you eat lightly after the fast.
It is TIME TO BEGIN – This is my NEW SLIM, TRIM and ‘DETOX DIET PLAN GUIDELINE’ which includes an Exercise Routine Program.
In a Nutshell you must eat 5-6 times a day – READY, GET SET, GO!
1. NO EXCUSES – WAKE UP! – do a few stretches (you choose) in bed. GET UP! and, MAKE YOUR BED! Making the bed starts the muscle warming process. Next, brush your teeth, wash your face, and put on loose-fitting or work out clothes. Drink an 8 oz. glass of Purified Water.
Next: EXERCISE before breakfast.
2. CHOOSE YOUR EXERCISE ROUTINE – keeping in mind your capabilities.
Suggested exercises, Tai Chi, Low Impact Aerobic, Yoga, or any easy to moderate intensity cardio workout to get the blood flowing. Alternate deep breathing with normal breathing as you exercise to get oxygen into the blood and the muscles. Keep your workout between 20 to 60 minutes long depending on your ability to do the exercises. The ‘before breakfast’ exercising gets the day started, gets the blood flowing, the muscles warmed up, helps keep the heart rate normal and the body (in general) relaxed, flexible and ready for whatever you have planned for the day. Different types or genres of exercise can be done on an alternating daily basis a.m. or p.m. I do the 3 mentioned above on alternating days in the a.m. – Monday, Wednesday and Friday. On Tuesday and Thursday I play 18 holes of golf in the a.m., or I go bowling, or I walk 1-3 miles (usually in the p.m.). The type of Exercise for you is your choice. Make it fun, do what you do best. I don’t bike ride or I would throw that in the mix. Swimming is a great exercise. I used to work out at the YMCA. You can make that a part of your routine.
3. EAT BREAKFAST – Any Fruit you want. Melon is good, but remember to eat it by itself; do not mix it with any other type of fruit. Eat as much as you want. It will start the detox process. OR Make a Shake/Smoothie with fruits of your choice (save the veggies for Lunch). If you add protein powder be sure it is vegetable based, not whey or soy, etc.
PRE-SNACK: 8 oz. glass of purified water with squeeze of fresh lemon or lime juice.
4. SNACK: Any dried fruit.
PRE-LUNCH WATER: 8 oz. purified water with or without lemon juice
5. LUNCH – Bowl of any Fruit you want (see list below). Eat as much as you want. I usually choose apples and/or oranges, grapes, peaches, pears, or papaya. OR You can have a SALAD: 1 1/2 cups with balsamic vinaigrette or equivalent dressing. NO RANCH, BLUE CHEESE ETC. You May drink water, but not with the meal. Make it an 8 oz glass of water anytime AFTER eating lunch.
PRE-SNACK WATER: 8 oz. with fresh squeezed lemon or lime juice.
6. SNACK – Any dried fruit, fresh fruit, berries, etc. OR Can be a shake, a handful of nuts or popcorn (plain).
PRE-DINNER WATER – anytime before dinner
7. DINNER – eat 1-2 hours after snack but before 6 p.m.
LARGE RAW VEGETABLE SALAD ( do NOT use Iceberg Lettuce – as it causes constipation). You can put anything in it you want (refer to list below). Use Balsamic Vinegar dressing or just sprinkle with fresh lemon juice and light extra virgin olive oil. OR You can have a small dish of Vegetable soup (no tomatoes). Make it yourself. OR You can have a bowl of steamed veggies – your choice. NOTE: After you have been on this program for 2-3 weeks, you can add fish, chicken, or turkey to your salad, or eat a 4 oz portion with the salad. NO FRIED FISH – FRIED CHICKEN OR TURKEY. DO NOT EAT ANY RED MEATS (beef, pork, lamb etc.)
ACCEPTABLE FOOD LIST:
FRUIT: Banana, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, watermelon, honeydew melon, cantaloupe (eat melons alone not mixed with other fruit), grapes, apples, tangerines, papaya, peach, pineapple (natural painkiller), grapefruit, mango, plums.
SALAD INGREDIENTS: Lettuce – any (except iceberg), spinach, endive, kale, Moringa leaves, chopped green onion, celery, arugula, cucumber, parsley, raw mushrooms, red onion, bell pepper, broccoli, raw green string beans, radish, cauliflower, carrots.
VEGETABLES: Collard, kale, chard, cabbage (red or white), Bok choy, Brussel sprouts, beans, peas, asparagus, raw okra.
GRAINS – NONE!
MEATS: FISH – Wild caught salmon, cod, halibut; chicken, turkey.
NO DAIRY: to include, eggs, cheese, yogurt, humus
FATS: Flaxseed oil capsules, any Omega 3 capsule, Olive oil – 1 T, Coconut oil – 1 -2 T, Grapeseed oil 1 T.
OTHER FATS FROM FOOD: Avocado 1/4, Peanuts, Walnuts, Pumpkin seeds, Almonds, Pine Nuts, Pistachio Nuts. (All Nuts – 1/2 Cup)
During this whole process pay attention to your body’s reaction and response to foods. If allergic to anything do not eat it. EAT WHAT WORKS FOR YOU. Being consistent is very important to the success of the program. You will experience weight loss, a decrease in craving for junk food, natural detoxification, renewed energy, a vitality boost, mood uplifts, and lost inches.
I recommend Herbal supplementation during your participation in this program. (FYI Healthtalk Store) For help about what you need for supplementation according to your specific health issues, please feel free to Email me at – email@example.com.
MAY GOD BLESS EVERY MORSEL OF FOOD YOU PUT IN YOUR MOUTH!
MAY GOD BLESS YOU WITH THE DESIRE TO WAKE UP THE NEW YOU!