MOLD!

Mold on ceiling from leakMOLD! You read about it, hear about it, talk about it, but what can a person do about?

Have you ever had a water leak anywhere in your home? Have you checked the drain in the kitchen, bathroom sink? Have you had moisture build-up or water damage under the kitchen, bathroom sink? With these incidences  you probably notice blackish, orange, greenish and purple areas that are visible to the naked eye? However, there are also hidden areas that you may not be aware of such as inside the toilet tank, toilet bowl, washing machine, dryer, black spots on the shower curtain, fuzzy white patches on the basement floor, crawl spaces under the house, etc.   Many folks are unaware that this may be – or is toxic mold.

TOXIC MOLD can make you sick. Scientific information tells us that “Stachybotry’s chartarum – known as ‘toxic black mold’, is a greenish-black mold, which grows on household surfaces that have high cellulose content, such as wood, fiberboard, gypsum board, paper and lint.”

Mold is a fungus. Mold spores thrive on moisture, reproduce quickly, and travel through the air. Mold is almost impossible to get rid of…but because it can’t live without moisture it can be controlled by reducing the moisture in the home or work place. This can be done by using dehumidifiers, air conditioners. Keep the humidity below 60%. Keep drains free from obstructions; keep house warm in cool weather; add insulation to cold surfaces e.g. exterior walls, floors, windows.  Avoid leaving damp clothes in laundry basket or dryer. Check for leaks around basins and tubs. If you experience water leaks, water line breaks, etc. dry the wet areas within 12 to 48 hours. On the outside of the house, slope the ground so the water runs away from the house. Have your heating and cooling systems checked on a regular basis. Keep doors open between rooms for better air circulation. Use fans if/and as needed. If you live in a mobile home, put a plastic cover over the dirt in crawl spaces and under the house to prevent moisture coming from ground. Ventilate crawl spaces if needed.

How does mold affect the health of humans? It is absorbed into the immune system, nervous system, gastrointestinal system, lungs, and liver, etc. where it builds up in the blood, and body tissues.
It then:

  • Triggers inflammation, allergies, asthma, oxidative stress, and immune dysfunction
  • Fatigue and weakness
  • Headaches, light sensitivity, poor memory, word and concentration difficulty
  • Muscle stiffness, joint pain, unusual skin sensations, tingling and numbness
  • Chronic cough, appetite swings, body temperature dysregulation
  • Increased urinary frequency, increased thirst, red eyes, blurred vision, mood swings, abdominal pain, diarrhea, bloating
  • Metallic taste in the mouth
  • Vertigo, feeling light-headed

    If you experience any of the above symptoms  – they are a signal, and it is imperative that something be done to find and eliminate all the household or workplace mold. You must reduce your exposure to mold.
    Check out FYI Health Talk Store for Dr. Morse’s Anti-fungal Herbal formula…and others – good for all the above ailments.

    MAY THIS INFORMATION HELP YOU TO HELP YOURSELF!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s